Re: unavailable fonts

Subject: Re: unavailable fonts
From: Judy Boyd <jboyd -at- ESRI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 09:41:27 PDT

Kumar Jamdagni wrote:

>Has anyone experienced problems with fonts being unavailable when copying files
> (templates) from Frame4 on a UNIX machine to Frame4 under Windows. The strange
> thing is is that it happens on some PCs and not on others, despite the
> installation being identical (we thought!). The problem arises when we try to
> open a template originally created under UNIX, in Frame under Windows. Error
> message:

"Document <docname> uses unavailable fonts. To reformat the document using
available fonts click OK"

What fonts did you use in the UNIX template? If you used fonts like Lucida,
you're probably out of luck (although you can map it to a font of your choice
instead of the one
Frame chooses for you, most likely Times). If you're designing documents for
cross-platform compatibility, your best bet is to stick with Helvetica, Times,
and Courier,
which are all Windows fonts and should be installed on every PC.

Good luck,

Judy Boyd
Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.
jboyd -at- esri -dot- com
I speak for myself -- probably too often.