Re: moderated list comments

Subject: Re: moderated list comments
From: Ronald Lee Stone <ston0030 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 06:45:06 -0500

Eric & others,

I like TECHWR-L and would like that the discussion remain there.
Yet the signal/noise ratio of the list is not what it ought to be
for a list of this size and purpose. Further, I think that it is
worth the consideration of the STC and academic technical
communication departments to bring this about. (I would not expect
any single company, unless of course it were a commercial online
service to take on the task of moderation, yet I like the "free"
nature of the list.) Moderation would serve to stifle noise,
not discussion. This constitutes my interest in the issue.

Also, moderation could be handled by a team of folks much like
the LINGUIST list does. (The LINGUIST is split among about two
academic departments and uses graduate assistants to help moderate).

Hope that this can be of help.

Until later,

Ron

Ronald L. Stone : ston0030 -at- gold -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu : (612) 644-9706
listowner-administration : (subscriptions, filelist, general)
RADIO-L : discussion of Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net