Re: Frame Cross-platform question

Subject: Re: Frame Cross-platform question
From: Nancy Paisner <nancy -at- HI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 14:15:14 -0400

> Hi,

> For those of you using Frame in both the Mac and PC environments, I have a
> question.

> My company is considering converting to Frame. However, before we do, we
> want to make sure that some of our current problems would be solved and not
> made worse. We have font substitution problems at the moment (using Word
> 6). Frame claims that this is their strongpoint and we would have no font
> problems going between platforms. Is this reality in your experience? We
> know there are other issues to consider and we are, but at this point we
> are looking for information about the fonts.

We use Frame in PCs and UNIX, and they have absolutely *not* solved
the problem in that context, though they say they have. So I wouldn't
put much faith in what they say - they want to sell you their
product. You might have them set up a demo environment onsite, with
all the software, hardware, etc. that you'll need, and demonstrate how
easy they think it is to go from one platform to another. But make
sure it's at your company using your machines, so you can reproduce
it.

> I have a meeting tomorrow morning and would appreciate any feedback I can
> get before then. Thanks in advance. You can respond directly to me at
> k -dot- laneuville -at- hill -dot- com

> Kara

Good luck,

Nancy

Nancy Paisner email: nancy -at- hi -dot- com
Hitachi Computer Products voice: (617) 890-0444
Waltham, MA. fax: (617) 890-4998
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net