$ estimating--Web sites

Subject: $ estimating--Web sites
From: "Renze, Janet L" <Janet -dot- Renze -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:01:42 -0700

Fellow Whirl-ers:
A friend has asked me to develop a home page for his
fledgling business. I have written lots of HTML and am getting
started in animations, and think I can help provide a page
he will like--that's not the problem. Just can't figure out
what to charge! (is this a perpetual TW problem?!)

here are some details:
* the total project will be about 6 html pages, most text provided
(he mostly wants a good layout that he can add to)
* I have the company logo on disk, now need to build 1 or more
animations based on it (per his request)--he has several
suggestions.
* I have about 10 hours available in the next 2 weeks to work on this
* during my "regular day job" I make $25/hour (Pacific NW)

Of course, I don't want to overcharge (so we're still friends), but
do need to charge something reasonable (this is my precious free
time i'm spending!!)

any ideas for a good number?????

please respond off list--I'll post replies if there's enough interest.
(I've checked the HTML writer's guild archives and didn't come
up with anything---have been reading this list for over 2 years
and don't remember this thread here, either...)

THANKS!!!!!!
Janet Renze

Janet L. Renze Technical Writer
janet -dot- l -dot- renze -at- boeing -dot- com
(425) 234-8662 phone