Re: Language differences in FRENCH

Subject: Re: Language differences in FRENCH
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:06:27 -0400

Mes amis,

Pete Margaritis wrote:
>Actually, there should be some documents like that out there. Check
>with a big library (especially in Canada, like Toronto, or Ontario).
>Good Luck!

Good luck is right! We have a superb reference library here in Toronto,
Ontario but my feeling is that in this hotbed of English nationalism, such
a publication might be hard to find. I would suggest going to the heart of
French Canada, the Universite de Laval in Quebec City
(http://www.ulaval.ca/). That's where you'll find the scions of language
purism. Or, it might be possible to locate an up-to-date technical
dictionary of Quebec French published in Montreal, Quebec City, or Ottawa.
Another possibility is to contact a university with a good French language
program and talk to one of the professors who should be able to suggest a
good resource.

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Fax: (905) 513-1419
Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com