Re: Getting Started Manual

Subject: Re: Getting Started Manual
From: Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- POP -dot- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:05:23 -0400

Lisa,

I believe a Getting Started manual should contain system requirements. As
for customer-specific information, I'm not sure these belong there, unless
perhaps if the client is a very large account. I don't see why a software
manufacturer should spend time to supply customer-specific information to
each of their clients, unless as I said, the client is very large and well
worth customizing your doc for.

My opinion only.

Fabien Vais

At 10:44 AM 9/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I may have to write a getting started manual for my company's internet
>banking system. As I have never written one before, I wanted to get
>some feedback about what type of information it should contain.
>
>I think a Getting Started manual should contain information about the
>following:
>Logging On
>Logging Off
>Screen Components
>Navigation
>How to use the online help provided
>Overview information of the system components.
>
>My employer mentioned including system requirements and customer
>specific information but I am not sure those types of information should
>be included. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Lisa
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

Fabien Vais - Documentation Analyst
Technical Writing, Technical Translation/Globalization, Editing, Publishing,
Teaching, Training

e-mail: phantoms -at- total -dot- net
Mailing address: 38 Elderidge, Montreal, Quebec, H9A 2P4
Phone/Fax: (514) 685-4752

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=