Re: Suggestion on wording

Subject: Re: Suggestion on wording
From: Marjorie Hermansen-Eldard <meldard -at- ZZSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:23:12 -0700

The Microsoft Style Guide for Technical Publications lists it as:

metadata: One word. Acceptable to use to refer to data that describes other data. A database term.

Marj Hermansen-Eldard
Senior Technical Writer
ZZSoft, Inc.

>>> Kimberly Sharp <ksharp -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM> 01/19 2:12 PM >>>
Hi everyone,

I've come across the use of a term in several manuals that I'm working
on that I have not seen in common use before. The term is written as
"metadata", "meta data" or "meta-data" in these manuals, and is supposed
to mean "information about information". Does anyone have thoughts or
suggestions as to which form of the word is correct? TIA for your help
:-)

Kim

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=