Re: transferring a website

Subject: Re: transferring a website
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:44:10 -0500

> As a FrontPage user who has trained (and retrained) other FrontPage users I can
> guess what happened. Mike, I think, is right to guess that they're absolute
> links rather than relative links. FP offers multiple ways to establish links
> and many careless users don't bother to find out the differences among the
> methods.

Thanks to Mike and Jill for pointing out this possibility. I don't
remember if that was the problem in this case (I checked the source code
to try and tell them what they were doing wrong, and I don't remember it
being that simple), but it's certainly a good point. Mike is right -- be
sure to check it on someone *else's* computer! And Jill, thanks for the
tip about the different ways to create a link in FP; I'll be sure to
emphasize that next time I'm training someone (though I'm more likely to
blame it on novice users than careless users).

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=