Re: Style Guidelines for pull-down menus

Subject: Re: Style Guidelines for pull-down menus
From: "Olive, Eric" <EOlive -at- GLHEC -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:36:47 -0500

Mary,

As Sean Brierley suggested yesterday in response to a similar question, why
not keep it simple?

Choose Search>Search Menu Option.

As for standards, the previous responses to your post are on the mark; there
is not standard. Some prefer choose, others select. MS uses click. I prefer
choose because it clearly distinguishes pull-down/drop-down menus from items
one selects in a list box and buttons one clicks in a dialog box.

Eric O.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=