search tool?

Subject: search tool?
From: Scott Snider <Scottsni -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:36:07 EDT

I am trying to organize a large amount of my company's internal
documentation. This documentation (made up primarily of microsoft
applications) is currently stored in a single directory on a lan drive.

Given the large amount of files in this directory, I'm looking for a way for
any member of our company to easily hunt down any specific file within that
one directory. I need some advice on what technologies could do this
effectively.

I'm new with this kind of stuff, and any comments would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=